Paramedic - Emergency Room
please see notes
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Paramedic - Emergency Room Job in Corpus Christi
The EMT – Paramedic will provide ambulatory care which includes the assessment and implementation of an appropriate care plan compatible with the physician’s overall therapeutic goals. This individual will include the physical, psychological and social dimensions unique to each patient as care is given in a community oriented primary care center. Responsibilities in the ER will include starting IV’s for patients, taking vital signs, EKG’s, transferring patients and other duties as assigned by ER Director/Manager.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years experience in a doctor’s office or other ambulatory health care setting.
- EMT– P (Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic)
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer date