Paramedic, ECC Emergency Care - PRN Job in Lake Charles
The ED Paramedic is a certified and/or licensed paramedic and is part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The ED Paramedic performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Successfully passed paramedic exam
• One year of experience as a paramedic in a 9-1-1 or hospital setting; 3 years preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
• Certified EMT – P (Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic)
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days of employment
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 90 days of employment
• TNCC required within 12 months of employment
• De-escalation training within 90 days of employment
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.