Apply Now Paramd EMS24 Transp Ground EMS NG A Job in Longview
The Paramedic Emergency Medical Services is responsible for administering appropriate emergency medical treatment to people who have been injured in accidents or have other medical conditions. Must be able to operate an advanced life support ambulance to administer care. Routinely assist with the inspection of the ambulance and related equipment to ensure proper operation and sanitary cleanliness.
• Respond to the site of life-threatening situations, emergency medical situations and non-emergency calls.
• Coordinate response activities with physicians to develop a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
• Lead a team of responders by coordinating activities to conduct triage, develop treatment plans, administer medical care and prepare patient for transport to medical facility.
• Insure the proper functioning of all emergency medical equipment and vehicles through regular checks; insure adequate inventory supply is maintained aboard emergency vehicles through regular checks.
• Assist in the cleaning of station locations.
• Interact with firefighters, law enforcement and other non-medical personnel at emergency scenes.
• Perform related administrative tasks; completes necessary State and local paperwork; prepare detailed documentation of patient care.
• Handle hazardous materials and ensure appropriate disposal in hazardous materials. Ensure compliance to all OSHA regulations for Infection Control, Hazardous Materials Standards, and all job related duties.
• Respond to multiple casualty incidents and disasters and provide appropriate medical oversight, triage, care, and transport in coordination with other responders.
• Participate in periodic in-service training or as needed basis for any certified and non-certified updates relating to Emergency Medical Services and federal, State, and local EMT-P requirements.
• Operate and utilize an ambulance and related medical care response equipment and tools needed in response situations.
• Make decisions that conform to the norms, policies, and values of Champion EMS and adhere to federal, state, and local compliance and policy requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
* Drivers License
* Basic Life Support
* EMT Paramedic Arkansas
* EMT Paramedic Louisiana
* EMT Paramedic New Mexico
* EMT Paramedic Texas
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.