5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
CHRISTUS System Office
Legal and Compliance
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Paralegal Senior Job in Irving
The Sr. Litigation Paralegal supports assigned Legal Department attorneys in the management, assessment and resolution of active and threatened claims, litigation and investigations. This position requires knowledge and experience in all phases of litigation in State, Federal and other administrative bodies. The Sr. Litigation Paralegal’s responsibilities include the management of service of process, subpoenas, legal research, e-discovery and legal holds. This position works in conjunction with and under the supervision of designated attorneys and may have significant interaction with outside counsel and other Legal department personnel. Must have the ability to exercise independent judgement as appropriate within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
- Work with and support designated attorneys in the daily management of matters pertaining to a broad range of litigation, pre-litigation and other matters involving CHRISTUS entities, including (as assigned) employment, regulatory, business, and professional liability claims, investigations and litigation.
- Monitor and manage service of process, filings, subpoenas and a variety of other legal documents related to responsibility area.
- Monitor and manage confidential and proprietary databases and documents used by department attorneys and other professionals.
- Prepare accurate and effective communications to internal clients and outside counsel related to a variety of topics, including subpoenas, legal holds, preservation demands and other matters.
- Monitor and assist with management of legal demands, preservation demands, legal holds and the collection of documents in e-discovery, and medical, billing, business or other records as needed.
- Work and collaborate with internal clients and staff across the System to achieve appropriate and timely resolution of claims, investigations, and litigation matters, including preparing documents and taking or coordinating actions needed for settlements.
- Conduct legal research and factual investigation and analysis as requested, and compile and summarize relevant information and data.
- As requested, assist in and manage subpoena responses, coordination of witness appearances, deposition and trial preparation, collection of documents for discovery purposes, establishment of legal holds, and obtaining information through of e-discovery.
- Participate in team meetings, and claims and litigation status reviews.
- Travel as needed in connection with meetings, investigations, discovery, mediations or trials.
- Attend mediations and trials as requested and prepare summaries and reports as assigned.
- Build positive relationships within team and with contacts throughout the CHRISTUS System, including senior leaders and staff at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- Litigation experience required; experience in healthcare litigation matters desirable.
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take detailed notes of meetings and write an accurate, concise, and on-point summaries of key matters and next steps.
- Ability to prepare/send routine and other correspondence related to responsibilities, with minimal need for editing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Orientation to be proactive in preventing problems.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and good follow-through on projects/issues.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- At least five years of relevant paralegal experience, in an in-house law department or law firm, managing a significant caseload of a variety of matters and responsible for support in all phases of litigation.
- Proficiency in Word, database management, and Excel.
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited paralegal program or equivalent corporate paralegal experience desirable.
- E-discovery training is a plus.