7AM - 7PM
PAR Patient Access Rep Sr Pre Arrival
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Verde Towers
343 West Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Share This Job On
Apply Now PAR Patient Access Rep Sr Pre Arrival Job in San Antonio
Admit patients to hospital, assuring that all hospital policies and procedures are observed. Prepares pre-admission and admitting forms, assigns rooms, and facilitates room transfers as necessary. Verifies insurance benefits assigned to hospital and explains financial requirements to patient or patient representative.
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- Two years of experience in hospital registration or comparable position required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification through National Association of Healthcare Access Management required.