Outpatient Coder - Remote (Vascular Cardiology) Job in Tyler
*CHRISTUS Health System offers the Outpatient Coder position as a remote opportunity. Candidate must reside in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, New Mexico, or Georgia to further be considered for this position.*
Responsible for maintaining current and high-quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding of all professional services, including outpatient Evaluation & Management (E/M) and clinic-based procedures. Included in Outpatient coding are all clinic-based services, laboratory, nursing home visits, and physical therapy. May also be responsible for some Inpatient hospital E/M services, and rehab accounts. Via assigned work queues, verifies charges and code assignments are correct on all Outpatient accounts. Accurately assigns appropriate modifiers to CPT codes. Communicates regularly with providers regarding coding concerns, missing/incomplete documentation, and coding policy updates. Responsible for assigned coding denial work queues.
- Minimum requirements: Completion of an AAPC or AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program; High school diploma or GED
- Minimum (2) two years of physician practice coding an outpatient clinic setting.
- Minimum (1) one year of professional billing, claim denials, appeals, and/or revenue cycle work
- Expert knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, and medical terminology
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial payers coding/billing guidelines and compliance regulations, including medical policy restrictions (LCDs and NCDs)
- Familiarity with coding in a Provider-Based setting is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Proficient using multiple software applications, including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability to meet set productivity and quality standards
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, as well as part of a team
- EPIC experience preferred
One of the following certifications is required:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) – AAPC
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) – AHIMA
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) - AHIMA
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.