Outpatient Coder - Remote
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Woodgate IV Bldg
1101 East SE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Outpatient Coder - Remote Job in Tyler
*CHRISTUS Health System offers the Outpatient Coder position as a remote opportunity. Candidate must reside in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma or Georgia to further be considered for this position.*
Responsible for maintaining current and high quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding for all Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and CPT Guidelines. Outpatient coding is applicable towards clinical, provider office visits, therapeutic, laboratory, recurring, emergency department, outpatient observation and ambulatory surgery patient encounters. Coder will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments (Admitting, Charging, Patient Financial Services, HIM, etc.) to resolve charging issues, denials, physician documentation clarifications, to ensure accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department as requested by leadership. Coder will report directly their Regional Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and System HIM/Coding Director.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Two (2) years of Outpatient coding in an acute care setting.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Professional (CPC) (AAPC)