CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
1315 Doctors Dr
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Outpatient Coder Job in Tyler
Responsible for maintaining current and high quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding for all Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and CPT Guidelines. Outpatient coding is applicable towards clinical, provider office visist, therapeutic, laboratory, recurring, emergency department, outpatient observation and ambulatory surgery patient encounters.
Coder will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments (Admitting, Charging, Patient Financial Services, HIM, etc.) to resolve charging issues, denials, physician documentation clarifications, to ensure accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department as requested by leadership.Coder will report directly their Regional Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and System HIM/Coding Director.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Two(2) years of Outpatient coding in an accute care setting.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Professional (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) (AAPC)