CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
1315 Doctors Dr
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Outpatient Coder Job in Tyler
Responsible for maintaining current and high quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding of all outpatient diagnoses and operative procedures. Accurately abstracts patient data into the CPSI/Evident computer system. Included in Outpatient coding are all Laboratory, Radiology, recurring Nursing Home, Outpatient Psych, Cancer Center, Clinic, Physical Therapy and E/R visits. Verifies charges are correct on all Outpatient Accounts. Also codes some Inpatient Psych and Inpatient Rehab accounts. Accurately assigns appropriate modifiers to CPT codes. Enters accounts into Medical Records Hold when further documentation or charge corrections are required. Communicates with physicians regarding coding and sequencing questions in individual cases. Reviews medical records to assure accurate admit/discharge dates, and verifies all outpatient orders are signed with diagnosis. This includes assisting various departments with coding and charging issues, including Admitting and Patient Billing. Assists the Admissions Department with Medical Necessity issues and questions. Reviews all X-Ray, CT, and Ultrasound reports for diagnoses. Responsible for maintaining the unbilled accounts report on a daily basis. Assists in other areas of the department as requested.
- Accurately codes all diagnoses and procedures on all outpatient visits.
- Accurately abstracts all Outpatient codes into the CPSI/Evident computer system, including Lab, Radiology, Cancer Center, all Family and Rural Healthcare Clinics, Physical Therapy, and Emergency Room visits and procedures.
- Verify all outpatient orders are complete with accurate diagnosis for test/procedure being performed.
- Work with held bill report for all outpatient visits and/or procedures.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CCA certification required. Must have knowledge of medical record content with excellent command of medical terminology and understanding of basic anatomy, physiology and disease processes. Must know how to operate basic office machines including copier, scanner and computer keyboard.
- 1 year of outpatient coding experience preferred.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CCA certification required