5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Orthopedic Technician II - Pedi Multi Specialty
Children’s Hospital of San Antonio
CHRISTUS CH of SA Emergency Center Stone Oak
Share This Job On
Orthopedic Technician II - Pedi Multi Specialty Job in San Antonio
Responsible for applying and removing plaster or fiberglass casts on patients with fractures, sprains or torn muscles; maintaining cast working area; assisting the supervising physician or nurse as needed; and assisting with surgical procedures and with admitting and screening patients.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of standard sterile techniques and principles/methods used in preparing, applying and removing casts
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with staff and patients and work productively and independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast-paced clinic with a diverse population
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
- Pediatric experience, preferred
- 2 years of experience in a hospital, institution, nursing home or private practice setting which has included direct basic patient care
- Orthopedic Technologist certification, preferred
- CPR certification