Orthopedic Specialist Coordinator Ortho Specialty Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Orthopedic Specialist Coordinator Ortho Specialty Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
As a member of the Orthopaedic Team, the Coordinator directs, and has daily oversight of, delivery of patient care and appropriate responsibilities concerning non-surgical procedures. Coordinates the day-to-day needs related to operations for both staff and patients. The Coordinator assigns or performs the following duties: Supports the Orthopaedic Surgeon with clinical patient care including: casting, scheduling of surgical and diagnostic procedures; manages patient care during a clinic (including patient flow through the exam and X-ray rooms); answers patient inquiries, and fields messages and requests directed to the surgeon. In addition, the Coordinator is frequently called upon to triage patient phone calls regarding symptoms, urgency of their injury/illness, and immediate care to manage pain/injuries prior to coming in for an appointment.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or equivalent.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certification by NAOT preferred but not required. Certification by ASOP encouraged.
- Ability to describe various orthopaedic conditions based on an understanding of anatomical structures and their relationship with one another.
- Ability to apply, adjust and remove common orthopaedic devices, using standard practice as a guide.
- Knowledge of the proper application of aseptic techniques in dressing change and the removal of sutures or staples.
- Ability to interpret simple fractures and dislocations on X-ray films.
- Understanding of clinic and environmental safety and precautions.
- Thorough working knowledge of musculoskeletal system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with principles of aseptic techniques.
- Basic knowledge of application and use of orthopaedic equipment and supplies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Desired Skill: Ability to perform in an operating room environment as first and second assist or scrub technician under the direct supervision of a surgeon.
- Desired Skill: Ability to supervise and train other certified or eligible Orthopaedic Technologists.
Required: Four years experience as an Orthopaedic Technician working in a hospital or clinic office supporting a physician with patient care.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinic Manager, Orthopaedic Clinic
- Bloodborne pathogen: A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifts, transfers and positions patients and equipment in excess of 150 pounds. Some positioning or lifting of patients up to 300 pounds.