Apply Now OP Wound Care Clinician (LPN, RN) Full-Time Job in Santa fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides compassionate, effective outpatient clinical wound care to patients, often in fast-paced environment. May case-manage a group of patients, will work under guidance of clinic physicians and Clinical Coordinator, provide patient/caregiver wound related education, communicate with other healthcare providers regarding a patient’s care, enter and evaluate data, maintain patient charting.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required. Four years experience and/or training directly applicable to Position Summary may substitute for degree.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with current New Mexico license or compact state license. BLS issued through the American Heart Association required, ACLS preferred. Wound Care and/or Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy certifications preferred.
- Basic/operable computer skills required
- Must have obvious concern for patient welfare
- Must have sound organizational skills and the ability to analyze data
- Must be able to read, understand and implement professional journals as well as regulatory documents
- Ability to learn and use wound care products
- Ability to multi-task and possess effective and mature communications skills
- Ability to read and speak Spanish a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in general nursing, wound care, hyperbaric oxygen and outpatient clinical operations preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Responsible to: Clinical Coordinator
ENVIRONMENT: Bloodborne Pathogens: B
Exposure to infectious disease, bloodborne pathogens and caustic chemicals; occasional unpredictable physically demanding situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency/crisis situations as well as move or assist in moving, lifting, positioning, pushing, transferring patients as well as equipment or supplies. Frequent prolonged standing and walking, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, often in fast-paced environment. Hearing & visual acuity within normal limits.