Oncology Pharmacy Supervisor FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Oncology Pharmacy Supervisor FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Promotes the safe and effective use of medications for all patients of the Santa Fe Cancer Center and the hospital through proper interpretation of physician orders, accurate dispensing of pharmaceuticals, and monitoring of therapy.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy required. Pharm D, or Masters or 5 years experience as an Oncology Pharmacist preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensure or eligibility for licensure by New Mexico Board of Pharmacy is required. BPS (Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties in Oncology) certification or Pharmacist Clinician certification preferred. Continuous education to maintain licensure is required. NM Sterile Product Preparation Certification is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced mathematical skills required
- Independent decision-making, clinical judgment and in-depth knowledge of oncology and therapeutics required
- Keyboarding skills are preferred (must be able to develop competence using hospital pharmacy software)
- Word processing skills are preferred
- Must have the ability to work with medical staff, nursing staff and other healthcare employees.
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience as a hospital pharmacist is preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Pharmacy
- Bloodborne pathogens - B (Occasional exposure in daily duties. Little expected risk, but may be exposed unexpectedly to potentially infectious materials. Exposure may be superficial and limited to a small amount of fluid.)
Close quarters in a busy environment. Possible exposure to patients with infectious diseases. Exposure to hazardous chemicals, chemotherapeutic agents and allergenic drug products. Extended exposure to video display terminals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work at a rapid pace throughout entire shift, while under demanding workloads and stressful situations. Hearing sufficient to use telephones and pagers and vision sufficient to read physician orders, requisitions and reports. Hand to eye coordination sufficient for aseptic technique.