Oncology Clinical Assistant II / CSV Medical Oncology / Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Oncology Clinical Assistant II / CSV Medical Oncology / Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Exhibits exceptional customer service skills, maintains calm demeanor in hectic situations, and exhibits high level of interpersonal skills with all coworkers. Responsible for performing all tasks necessary to increase physician efficiency and improve patient experience. This includes being the primary contact at the department for the patient for any questions of either a clinical or administrative nature (coordinating clinical calls with the physician), as well as coordinating the physician's schedule, answering telephone calls, returning messages, and scheduling follow up tests and referrals for patients. Consistently demonstrates ability to close the loop on patient communication and to escalate critical patient messaging to appropriate licensed health care provider. This position requires an excellent working relationship with the physician and the ability to treat patients with respect, privacy and kindness at all times, even in times of stress.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent, medical terminology preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certified Medical assistant required. BLS issued through American Heart Association is required.
- Computer knowledge, experience with Windows environment specifically Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Keyboarding skills and the ability to operate general office equipment skills required
- Ability to read and write in English
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Outstanding Service Excellence skills to guarantee quality patient care and patient satisfaction
- Strong knowledge of Oncology, utilize required skills and education to deliver effective, compassionate patient care
- Strong knowledge of oncology specialty tests
- Proficient in chart and lab prep process
- Knowledge and skill to obtain vital signs and PHI
- Strong organizational skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently, asserts initiative on performance improvement opportunities
- Ability to navigate through computer software by use of a mouse, keyboard or stylus and windows based software.
- Effective communication skills
- Desired Skill: Ability to supervise and train OCA staff
EXPERIENCE: : 5 years of healthcare experience including two years of full-time work experience in oncology setting required.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinic Assistant Manager/Cancer Center Director
- Bloodborne pathogen - B
General office environment, frequent contact with patients, VDT exposure.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Long periods of sitting at times. Keyboard usage with sound ergonomic principles. Must be flexible in work schedule.