Occupational Therapist - Physical Therapy
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Occupational Therapist - Physical Therapy Job in Corpus Christi
Plans, organizes, and conducts occupational therapy programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities designed to help patients regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps. Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities. Studies and evaluates patient's reactions to the program and prepares progress reports.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy; Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledgeable of the American Occupational Therapy Association Code of Ethics and the Guide to Occupational Therapy Practice. Excellent communication skills.
- New graduates accepted; experience preferred
- Current license by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy Examiners
- CPR - American Heart Association