5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Occupational Therapist - Physical Therapy
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Occupational Therapist - Physical Therapy Job in San Antonio
Provides Occupational Therapy Services to patients referred, including assessment, treatment plan development and implementation with the follow-up and discharge planning. Actively assists with clinical aspects of the department, including program development, department operations and Performance Improvement activities. Assists with supervising and coordinating the Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant Student programs. In addition, supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Rehab Technicians, and Volunteers.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the area of Occupational Therapy is required.
- All modalities/equipment used by an Occupational Therapy Assistant as outlined by the Texas Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners.
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist by the State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners of Texas.
- BLS certification is required.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination and the annual screening, each year thereafter as an employee.