Apply Now Nurse Professional Development Specialist / Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse Professional Development Specialist in collaboration with Clinical Management and Nurse Professional Development Practitioner develop and coordinate of clinical development of curricula and competencies. The Nurse Professional Development Specialist oversees assessment and implementation of clinical staff educational needs by Nurse Professional Development Practitioners and facilitates a research environment to obtain most recent evidence-based practices while enabling delivery of content to targeted groups. Clinical Education Specialists plan, design, and administer continuing education programs for healthcare personnel with the goal of improving patient care and ensuring high quality and safe patient care. Serves as a course instructor for required certifications such as BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC as appropriate.
EDUCATION: Master of Science in Nursing required or must be enrolled in Master's Program within the first year of hire with completion of the degree program within 3 years from hire.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico registered nurse license required, ANCC certification in Nursing Continuing Education/Staff development preferred and required within 2 years. BLS certification required. BLS instructor certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of nursing in appropriate specialty serviced
- Beginning knowledge of teaching, counseling and evaluation principles and techniques
- Basic leadership abilities
- High degree of self-confidence; self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Must possess beginning computer, research and data management skills
- Working knowledge of software applications, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Healthstream.
EXPERIENCE: With a MSN: One year teaching experience in nursing and two years of experience as an RN in an acute care setting. Without a MSN: Minimum Three years teaching experience in nursing or One year teaching experience in nursing and three years of experience in an acute care setting.
SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED: Teaching experience may be unit based or clinical ladder based, and does not necessarily include a teaching position only.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manager, Clinical Education
- Bloodborne pathogen C:
In and/or near patient care setting 30%: general office or classroom setting 70%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent physical effort such as walking, standing, sitting, lifting and those activities involved with moving educational equipment and supplies. Flexibility in scheduling required.