Nurse Professional Development Practioner/ Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Education and Research
Share This Job On
Apply Now Nurse Professional Development Practioner/ Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with Clinical Management and interdisciplinary staff members participates in assessment of educational needs of clinical and non - clinical staff; participates in development of curricula; conducts research to obtain most recent information about identified topic; delivers curricula to targeted groups including instruction in theory and provision of clinical experience; evaluates effectiveness of curricula through analyses of class participation, feedback and written tests; participates in workshops designed for career advancement of nursing staff; instructs staff of all levels in orientation and other programs; supervises learning experiences of staff in programs; acts as a role model to nursing and health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors; participates in and delivers approved continuing education programs to enhance professional competence; prepares and submits reports as required; maintains records of those persons participating in educational programs; protects human and civil rights of patients and or clients and staff; may participate on committees and in recruitment process; performs related duties as required, and will be called upon to work some nights or weekends depending on the educational needs of the organization.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico registered nurse license required ANCC certification in Nursing Continuing Education/Staff development preferred. BLS certification required. BLS instructor certification highly recommended, and required within 6 months of hire.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of nursing in appropriate specialty serviced
- Beginning knowledge of teaching, counseling and evaluation principles and techniques
- Basic leadership abilities
- High degree of self-confidence; self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Must possess beginning computer, research and data management skills
- Basic understanding of regulatory body standards, New Mexico Board of Nursing and Continuing Education Board requirements.
EXPERIENCE: Two years teaching experience (teaching experience may be unit based; clinical ladder based and does not necessarily include a teaching position) in nursing. Four years experience as an RN in an acute care setting required. BSN may be used in lieu of experience on a year for year basis.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manager, Organizational Development
- Bloodborne pathogen C: In and/or near patient care setting 70%: general office or classroom setting 30%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent physical effort such as walking, standing, sitting and those activities involved with patient care, occasional pushing, pulling, and lifting. Moving educational equipment and supplies as needed for classes. Flexibility in scheduling required.