Nurse Practitioner- Specialty Pain Mgmt
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
Advanced Practice Clinician
CHRISTUS St Elizabeth Outpatient Pavilion
755 North 11th Street
Beaumont, TX 77702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Nurse Practitioner- Specialty Pain Mgmt Job in Beaumont
Responsible for the overall comprehensive care provided to the patients in the CHRISTUS SETX Health System. NP will coordinate care with the Medical Director utilizing training with the scope of their practice, conduct patient education and ensure accurate and timely documentation in accordance with the regulating agencies and organizational policy. Will also participate in community agencies and organizational policy; participate in community events and marketing opportunities involving the CHRISTUS SETX Health System. The NP will coordinate patient management and individualize a plan of care for each patient, working closely with the Medical Director and other team members. She/he will take medical histories, perform physical exams, order and interpret laboratory studies and provide treatment to patients with chronic diseases. Working closely with the RN and Medical Director to ensure follow up calls are made, assist in identifying additional visits or interventions that may be needed as well as managing/adjusting medications and educating patients.
- Education/Skills Graduate of a State Board and/or NLN accredited School of Nursing. Graduate of a State Board and NLN Accredited Advance Nurse Practitioner program. State certification required; national certified preferred.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with diverse populations including physicians, employees, patients and families. Leadership skills to direct others toward the successful treatment of patients.
- Analytical skills to evaluate patient status and healthcare procedures/techniques and to monitor quality of care.
- Fiscal skills to monitor and control costs and revenue. Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement new ideas or systems. Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion while performing duties.
- One year full time post licensure clinical nursing experience preferred. Advanced Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas required.
- Current certification to practice as an Advance Nurse Practitioner in the State of Texas required.
- Certification as Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- AHA BLS within two (2) weeks of employment required. AHA ACLS required. Computer Competence – within four (4) weeks of employment