Nurse Practitioner Salary-Specialty Oncology Hematology
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Advanced Practice Clinician
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
Share This Job On
Nurse Practitioner Salary-Specialty Oncology Hematology Job in Alexandria
Under the supervision of the Manager or Director Cancer Center, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) of Medical Oncology is an advance practice registered nurse with specialized education and clinical competency to provide health and medical care for diverse populations in a variety of primary, acute, and long-term care settings. The NP works in collaboration with and under the general supervision of a licensed physician. This position functions under the Regulatory Guidance provided by the State of Louisiana and within the Standards of Practice outlined by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. The Oncology NP has the responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, planning, implementing and evaluating the plan of care for the patients. Per the Departments Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to oncology patients, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree with a concentration in the respective advanced practice nursing specialty which includes both didactic and clinical components, advanced knowledge in nursing theory, physical and psychosocial assessment, nursing interventions, and management of healthcare.
- One-year recent experience preferred
- Current Louisiana RN License
- Current Louisiana NP license
- Current BLS Card
- Current ACLS Certification
- Chemotherapy certification required within 3 months of hire date and maintains current chemotherapy certification
- OCN Certification within 2 years of hire date