Nurse Practitioner - Nursing Administration
Advanced Practice Clinician
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Nurse Practitioner - Nursing Administration Job in Corpus Christi
Provides comprehensive nursing care for assigned patients under the direction of a physician. Follows established nursing standards, procedures and practices, and gives patient care directions to nursing and other staff. Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required. Adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Provides preventative health care services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals. Performs physical exams, and may prescribe and recommend treatment and drugs.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Advanced Nursing Degree required/Master's Degree required.
- Experience in specialty area.
- Experience in both clinical and management areas required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and market services. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated customer, team, and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principals.
- Current Texas State Advanced Practice Nurse license
- CPR-(American Heart Association)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.