Nurse Practitioner - Cancer Treatment Center
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Advanced Practice Clinician
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
Share This Job On
Apply Now Nurse Practitioner - Cancer Treatment Center Job in Alexandria
Nurse practitioner (NP) is an advance practice registered nurse with specialized education and clinical competency to provide health and medical care for diverse populations in a variety of primary, acute, and long-term care settings. The NP works in collaboration with and under the general supervision of a licensed physician. This position functions under the Regulatory Guidance provided by the State of Louisiana and within the Standards of Practice outlined by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. The Oncology NP has the responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, planning, implementing and evaluating the plan of care for the patients. Per the Departments Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to oncology patients, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree with a concentration in the respective advanced practice nursing specialty which includes both didactic and clinical components, advanced knowledge in nursing theory, physical and psychosocial assessment, nursing interventions, and management of health care
- One year recent experience preferred
- Current Louisiana RN License
- Current Louisiana NP license
- Current BLS Card.
- Chemotherapy certification required within 3 months of hire date and maintains current chemotherapy certification.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini family!
Recruiter: Kelly Armstrong