Nurse Extern - Summer 2022 Nurse Extern Program
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Nurse Extern - Summer 2022 Nurse Extern Program Job in Corpus Christi
This position provides the student nurse an opportunity to work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and to gain experience in the areas of nursing profession, nursing processes and nursing practice. This hands-on experience will include educational sessions, job shadow, and assisting in patient care. The Nurse Extern may provide patient care in a Nurse Assistant role as approved by manager.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4thyear nursing student from an accredited 4 year college or a 3rd& 4thsemester nursing student from a two year accredited college.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited two or four year nursing program.
- Previous experience in patient care through fundamentals classes in the nursing program.
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
Per Diem As Needed