Nurse Extern I - Nursing Internship
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Nurse Extern I - Nursing Internship Job in Corpus Christi
This position provides the student nurse an opportunity to work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and to gain experience in the areas of nursing profession, nursing processes and nursing practice. This hands-on experience will include educational sessions, job shadow, and assisting in patient care. The Nurse Extern may provide patient care in a Nurse Assistant role as approved by manager (see CNA position description).
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- •The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- •A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- •Accredited Chest Pain Center
- •Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4th year nursing student from an accredited 4 year college or a 3rd & 4th semester nursing student from a two year accredited college.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited two or four year nursing program.
- Previous experience in patient care through fundamentals classes in the nursing program.
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
Per Diem As Needed