Nuclear Medicine Technologist-Imaging Nuclear Med-Full Time
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center
Share This Job On
Nuclear Medicine Technologist-Imaging Nuclear Med-Full Time Job in Shreveport
Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for coordinating and performing diagnostic medical imaging procedures utilizing radiopharmaceutical and medical imaging equipment. Professional and departmental protocols are followed to provide the physician diagnostic images to identify and/or plan appropriate treatment for the patient’s condition. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Adheres to standards for radiation safety and for appropriate waste separation and disposal of radioactive agents by performing specific tasks mandated by Federal, State and Hospital policies.
- Documents daily all calibrations and flood films for all Nuclear Medicine imaging equipment, Dose Calibrator accuracy check, Hot Lab area survey, dispensed pharmaceuticals and radioactive source disposal.
- Practices safe handling of radio nuclides and radiation safety procedures at all times.
- Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals, as prescribed by the Physician, by adhering to established procedures.
- Performs periodic quality control tests, documenting according to Hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE Values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required.
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a clinical nuclear medicine setting required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a clinical Radiology setting is preferred.
- Current State Licensure required.
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required.
- Registration by one of the credentialing bodies for Nuclear Medicine Technologists is required:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) (N) Required
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board (N.M.T.C.B.) Required
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.