Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job in Tyler
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist prepares radioactive isotopes for administration to patients in accordance with physician's orders. Operates scintillation detection equipment to measure isotope concentrations and scanners to record visual representations of the isotope concentrations in specific body areas of the patients. Performs laboratory tests on body specimens. Computes results of laboratory tests. Maintains records of tests conducted, test results, and disposition of isotopes and body products containing isotopes.This position will also be responsible for radiologic exams.
- Current ARRT, (R)(N) or CNMT
- Current TX CMRT
- Current BCLS Card - American Heart Association
- Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Tech program or AAS Degree in Nuclear Medicine
- 1-3 years verifiable, general Nuclear Medicine specific experience and Radiology Technology experience, preferred
- Basic PC, HIS, RIS, & MS Office, PACS
- Basic knowledge of Nuclear Medicine & image distribution equipment. General office equipment
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible