*Nuclear Medicine Tech - Nuclear Medicine - PRN
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Lake Area Hospital-10200
4200 Nelson Rd
Lake Charles, LA 70605
Share This Job On
Apply Now *Nuclear Medicine Tech - Nuclear Medicine - PRN Job in Lake Charles
This position will apply isotopes to the patient in accordance with a doctor's order and works within the scope of practice as defined by the Louisiana State Radiologic Technology Board of Medical Examiners. This position must be able to handle the movement, set-up and operation of gamma cameras, thyroid uptake systems, dose calibrators, and geiger counters. The technologist must be able to handle all patients according to the needs of that patient. This position takes direction from the Radiology Medical Director and understands patient assessment and treatment procedures as outlined by policy. The position provides patient assessment information to the Radiologist as needed. The position has a responsibility to appropriately document procedural information in the patient's medical record including PACS.
- Radiology Associate Degree required, B.S. Degree preferred.
- Annual education in radiation dose management for adults and pediatric populations is required
- Entry Level Position for Nuclear Medicine
- Clinical Experience Requirements as outlined by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- LSRT(N)/ARRT(N)/CNMT (Min of One is required)
- Certifcation in other specialties is preferred by not required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support or completion within 90 days of employment.