Non Certified Surgical Technologist - Ambulatory Surgery Center
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa PASC Stone Oak
502 Madison Oak Drive
San Antonio, TX 78258
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Non Certified Surgical Technologist - Ambulatory Surgery Center Job in San Antonio
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- At least one year in surgery as a Surgical Technician.
- Two (2) or more years of experience is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
- Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
- Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
- Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
- Computer skills very helpful.
- Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
- Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
- Certified Surgical Technician preferred.
- Must have completed an appropriate technologist certification training program in the U.S. military or U.S. Public Health Service. OR Surgical Technologist must have been employed to practice in health care facilities prior to 9/1/09.