Network Administrator Senior
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Network Administrator Senior Job in Irving
The Network Administrator Sr. is responsible for supporting the Local Area Network (LAN) and portions of the Wide Area Network (WAN), including design, installation, maintenance, repair and upgrades. The Network Administrator Sr. plans, evaluates, installs, configures, upgrades, and performs maintenance procedures on the active electronic components, internetworking operating systems, and cabling infrastructure. Keeping current with developments and advances in telecommunications and internetworking technology is a key element of this position. The Network Administrator Sr. has extensive technical knowledge and experience with routers, switches, bridges, hubs, IP addressing, wireless devices, terminal servers, and all existing network protocols and architectures. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are critical for troubleshooting internetworking issues and analysis of system and network performance. Responsibility for the resolution of problems and the implementation of new functionality for the physical and logical network topology is an important part of this position. This position is responsible for delivering high quality cost-effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. The Network Administrator Sr. is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Information Management Department, and the organization as a whole.
- Actively participate in the planning, operations and maintenance of LAN and WAN internetworking technologies and components.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills. Troubleshoot systems and internetworking problems at the highest levels.
- Contribute to the technical and operational training of less experienced staff in internetworking electronics and procedures.
- Possess experience in routers, bridges, switches, hubs, IP addressing, network protocols, and other internetworking devices, including implementation and support. Experience with all network architectures and protocols.
- Evaluate new technologies. Conduct research and development in advances of internetworking and telecommunications technologies. Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project.
- Participate in activities related to the testing of telecommunications and networking upgrades and enhancements. Coordinate vendor activities.
- Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Document and update telecommunications and networking technical standards and procedures.
- Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by supervisor.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation on the assigned systems.
- Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned. Documentation includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
- With minimal guidance, define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple projects. With guidance, develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Telecommunications Manager.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, preferred, or equivalent experience (4 years) recommended.
- Formal internetworking management training preferred.
- WAN - Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot circuits (OC3, DS3, T1, ISDN (PRI and BRI), Frame Relay, ATM, Gigabit Ethernet, DDS, DSL, and Broadband Cable).Extensive knowledge in network protocols including TCP/IP, IPX, routing protocols (RIP, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP).
- LAN - Extensive knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with in depth knowledge of IP addressing, Spanning Tree, Ether-Channeling (PAgP), Trunking, Multicasting, VLAN, and HSRP protocols. Good understanding of wireless access and security.
- Experience working with most Cisco products including; Catalyst Switches (1900, 2900, 3500, 4500, 5000, 6500); Routers (700, 800, 1600, 1700, 2500, 2700, 3700, 4500, 7200, 7500, RSM, and MSFC); and PIX Firewall.
- Working knowledge of mainframe, midrange, and Intel-based servers running in single and redundant/cluster configurations.
- Must have good understanding of all Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft AD, and Novell NDS.
- Good documentation skills using Visio.
- Acute awareness of security and vulnerability exploitation
- Experience with cabling infrastructure design and installation.
- Project Management experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Patience, strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
Four years experience in complex LAN and WAN environment desired.
CCNA Required, CCNP or CCSP Preferred, MSCE or CNE Optional