Network Administrator I
Moderate Overnight Travel Up To 30 Percent
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Network Administrator I Job in Corpus Christi
The Network Administrator I participates in data network maintenance and support. This includes all networking systems including WAN/LAN/wireless infrastructure. The Network Administrator I also performs maintenance procedures on networking hardware, cabling, operating systems, and infrastructure. The Network Administrator III is expected to remain current on developments in telecommunications and networking technology. The Network Administrator I has basic technical knowledge and experience in routers, bridges, switches, hubs, other network devices, protocols, diagnostic tools and all existing network architectures (Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, etc). In addition, analytical and problem solving skills are critical to troubleshooting networking issues and analysis of system and network performance. The Network Administrator I is responsible for delivering high quality cost-effective solutions to all levels of users and is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Demonstrate general knowledge and troubleshooting skills in one or more of the following: advanced router and switch management and configuration; wireless infrastructure and circuits such as ATM, gigabit and metro Ethernet
- Demonstrate strong customer service, communication and human relationship skills when dealing with customers, fellow associates and vendors.
- Identify and manage
- basic level
- problems and issues with assigned production systems. Utilize standard and ad-hoc procedures to perform problem resolution for system. Use appropriate tools to track and report problem status and escalate in a timely manner.
- Participate in activities related to the testing of telecommunications and networking upgrades and enhancements.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation on the assigned systems. Document and update telecommunications and networking technical standards and procedures. Maintain data in network management for accuracy.
- Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned, which includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
- Manage basic level internal projects including tasks, deadlines and reporting.
- Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Follow established policies, procedures and standards defined by the department. Participate in the development and documentation of procedures for day-to-day tasks within assigned areas of support and maintenance, including the development of processes and procedures for other teams
- Understand and adhere to all security policies and procedures relating to systems, data, and physical data center security and safety. Identify and resolve or escalate any issues or violations to management and other groups, as needed. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and support new technologies through e-learning, self study, and peer training/studies.
- Assist other IM teams by providing second level support and guidance.
- Participate in after-hours technical support by rotating call schedule on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or designee
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, preferred, or equivalent experience (2 years).
- Network management formal training preferred.
- Working knowledge of mainframe, midrange, IP addressing, network protocols, UNIX, network design, telecommunications strategy, environments, operating systems, and equipment.
- Unix programming experience.
- Network management.
- Network cabling design and implementation.
- Project Management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Patience, strong customer service skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Time Management.
- Detail oriented.
- Interpersonal skills
- Two years experience in complex corporate WAN telecommunications environments.
- Microsoft Certification in Networking Essentials and Windows NT Server 4.0 Core Technologies or NetWare Certification (Certified NetWare Engineer) preferred.