3PM - 11PM
Multiskilled Radiology Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Multiskilled Radiology Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic Job in San Antonio
With minimum supervision, Technologist will competently operate in two or more modalities within an Imaging department. This can include MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Specials, Nuclear Medicine, PACS, and Mammography to produce accurate Diagnostic examinations and possible Interventional procedure. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment and responsible for designated areas or procedures as required.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Demonstrates competency in a variety of diagnostic procedures in more than one (1) modality.
• Upon completion of procedures, the technologist programs the computer to assure completion of exam and all scan data is correctly stored on an optical disc for future reference.
• Coordinates and prioritizes procedures during the workday to maintain a high level of patient care and continuity.
• Ensures all charges are correctly coded and entered in the billing system.
• Demonstrates competence with all age specific groups to ensure proper completion of studies.
• Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as outlined by State and Federal agencies, the hospital and other regulatory entities.
• Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information.
• Demonstrates adherence to the Core values of CHRISTUS Health
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- ARRT, RT (R), or other qualified Registries per scope of practice. Must be Registered or Registry-eligible in secondary modality and complete the requirements to become registered within two years of performing the secondary modality.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a hospital or Clinical setting preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in a clinical Imaging setting is highly preferred
- Registered by the (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technology
- Current state Licensure required Current BLS (American Heart Association) required
3PM - 11PM
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.