MRI Technologist - Radiology - PRN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Share This Job On
Apply Now MRI Technologist - Radiology - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Under general supervision of a Radiologist, the MRI Technologist performs magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to obtain images for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies. Transfers, positions and instructs patients regarding the procedure. Selects appropriate imaging techniques, and operates console and peripheral hardware. Enters and monitors patient data. Transfers images from disk to magnetic media to produce transparency. Develops film in automatic processor and inspects for quality and completeness. Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and matrix camera.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate of an Accredited Radiology or MRI Program required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of MRI procedures including spectroscopy and cardiac MRI.
- One year MRI experience preferred.
- Current Medical Radiologic Technologist through the Texas Medical Board or advanced MRI registry through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ARRT-MR) or American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT) Certification
- CPR – American Heart Association
Per Diem As Needed