Apply Now MRI Technologist - Radiology - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Under general supervision of a Radiologist, the MRI Technologist performs magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to obtain images for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies. Transfers, positions and instructs patients regarding the procedure. Selects appropriate imaging techniques, and operates console and peripheral hardware. Enters and monitors patient data. Transfers images from disk to magnetic media to produce transparency. Develops film in automatic processor and inspects for quality and completeness. Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and matrix camera.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an Accredited Radiology or MRI Program required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of MRI procedures including spectroscopy and cardiac MRI.
- One year MRI experience preferred.
- Current Medical Radiologic Technologist through the Texas Medical Board or advanced MRI registry through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ARRT-MR) or American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT) Certification
- CPR – American Heart Association
Per Diem As Needed