Apply Now Monitor Technician - Monitoring Central Telemetry Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills(CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
Provides continual surveillance of electronic monitors for one or more patients in a centralized telemetry monitoring station, with the ability to recognize normal and abnormal rhythms. Documents changes in rhythm and reports these changes timely and according to established protocol. Requires thorough knowledge of arrhythmia recognition. Responsible for assuring monitoring equipment and supplies are available and ready for use. May also provide pulse oximetry monitoring and reporting.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Must possess good written and oral communication skills
· EKG/arrhythmia interpretation background highly preferred
· Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
· Successful completion of an EKG class required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
· BLS certification preferred (AHA)
Per Diem As Needed