Apply Now Monitor Technician - Monitoring Central Telemetry Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
Provides continual surveillance of electronic monitors for one or more patients in a centralized telemetry monitoring station, with the ability to recognize normal and abnormal rhythms. Documents changes in rhythm and reports these changes timely and according to established protocol. Requires thorough knowledge of arrhythmia recognition. Responsible for assuring monitoring equipment and supplies are available and ready for use. May also provide pulse oximetry monitoring and reporting.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Must possess good written and oral communication skills
· EKG/arrhythmia interpretation background highly preferred
· Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
· Successful completion of an EKG class required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
· BLS certification preferred (AHA)