7AM - 7PM
Monitor Tech - Telemetry 5
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Hospital Atlanta
1007 South William Street
Atlanta, TX 75551
Share This Job On
Apply Now Monitor Tech - Telemetry 5 Job in Atlanta
The Monitor Tech maintains efficient operation of nursing unit by assessing and maintaining supplies, promoting effective communication, both external and internal, accurate transcription, and transmission of physician orders through order management system. Also responsible for the activities of cardiac monitoring.
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Respects the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information unless obligated to or allowed by law to disclose the information.
- Follows polices and procedures for "No Information" patients.
- Awareness of conversations held at nursing stations.
- No participation in conversations outside patient care environment.
3. Contributes to the fulfillment of departmental and organizational goals.
- Participates in voluntary departmental/organizational activities.
- Supports cost containment activities by the efficient use of equipment and supplies.
- Actively participates in department meetings.
4. Supports patient care activities.
- Greets visitors promptly and courteously.
- Answers call lights promptly and notifies appropriate caregiver.
- Directs phone calls for patients promptly and courteously
- Delivers patient specimens to lab with 30 minutes of collection.
5. Accepts responsibility for performance of clerical duties as assigned or needed in order to deliver quality service.
- Orders, maintains, and accounts for all unit supplies to promote efficient delivery of patient care.
- Transcribes physician orders and utilizes order management system effectively as it relates to nursing and places for nurse to check when signing off orders.
- Maintains organized, up-to-date medical records with adequate number of stamped physician order sheets, progress notes and other records in patient charts.
- Retrieves appropriate patient care forms from HBO as requested by nursing staff.
- Runs daily lab reports and places lab/x-ray reports for RN to review. Immediately notifies RN when lab results are out of range.
- Prepares new charts and scans charts for completeness
- Discharges patients out of HBO system in a timely manner for room availability.
- Assists in controlling noise level at nurse's station and keeps desk area clean and neat.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete training and evaluation for Order Management (Dysrhythmia).
- Previous hospital clerical experience or equivalent training or education preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have already taken Dysrhythmia class and passed the exam to be considered or must have experience working as a Monitor tech to be considered.