MLT, Medical Lab Tech - Clinic - PRN
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Thomas Spann 7121 SPID
7121 South Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now MLT, Medical Lab Tech - Clinic - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Performs clinical testing in assigned section/s such as general laboratory, Blood Bank and Microbiology sections, with all duties necessary for accurate and timely results including quality control, performance improvement, proficiency testing, and preventative maintenance of equipment. Recognizes abnormal critical values and follows proper guidelines for notifying medical team members of results. Performs clerical, general, and phlebotomy duties related to daily operations in the laboratory. Provides/dispenses blood products as requested by medical staff.
- Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers.
- Specimen Collection/Handling/Processing– obtains blood specimens via venipuncture and/or fingerstick, accurately identifies and labels appropriately; answers pneumatic tube system; follows procedures for processing and testing specimens, including operating various centrifuges; obtains other designated patient specimens as listed in procedure manuals.
- Result Reporting – recognizes errors or improbable results and takes appropriate action; reports critical values per Policy and Procedure; performs tests within established timeframe; performs laboratory testing, if designated, in the following sections: Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Chemistry, Special Chemistry, ER Stat Lab, and Microbiology; performs blood bank procedures, including cross-matching, ab id’s, and dispensing of blood products; operates laboratory automated analyzers according to established procedures.
- Performs, analyzes, and records QC according to Policy & Procedure following CLIA, CAP, AABB, and JCAHO guidelines; performs and records Performance Improvement indicators and reports results.
- Performs established daily and periodic preventative maintenance with documentation; troubleshoots minor problems and initiates service calls as needed; orders (or notifies assigned associate) and restocks supplies/reagents; reviews policy & procedure manual; dates reagents and discards expired reagents.
- Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education
- Assists in training new associates and students in Laboratory practices.
- Follows CAP, AABB, Compliance, CLIA, JCAHO, and OSHA standards.
- Follows established protocols for safety, infection control, security, compliance, and the use of hazardous materials.
- Utilizes LIS and HIS computer systems appropriately to perform, charge, and report laboratory results.
- Completes annual competency assessment successfully and by assigned date.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technology program.MLT (ASCP)/(AMT), CLT (NCA) or eligible.
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license or eligibility are required at the time of hire.
- Licensure as required by State
- Registered as MLT(ASCP) or MLT(ASCP) or CLT(AMT) or equivalent is required within 60 days of Hire
Per Diem As Needed