Medication Technician - St Joseph Village
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS St Joseph Village
1201 East Sandy Lake Road
Coppell, TX 75019
Share This Job On
Apply Now Medication Technician - St Joseph Village Job in Coppell
Provide residents with assistance in accordance with Healthcare provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the individualized care plan. The Medication Aide dispenses medications under the direction of the Resident Care Manager and helps residents with activities of daily living, such as hygiene, toileting, feeding, moving safely to activities or functions, and caring for the resident's environment, including laundry and housekeeping. He or she must be sensitive to the needs and desires of each resident and make an attempt to improve and enrich their lives.
- Assist in maintaining the physical, social, and psychological environment that is conducive to the best interest and welfare of the resident
- Obtains and records resident’s vital signs and weight.
- Administers and documents medications given by following specifically written physicians orders, including oral, topical medications, as well as eye and ear drops under supervision via hand-over-hand technique.
- Communicates when reorders, prescriptions, medications are running low and coordinates with the LVN and pharmacy providers to ensure residents have ordered medications.
- Observes, records, and reports observations such as unexpected and adverse effects from medications.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
- Receive and maintain report on all residents.
- Assists with completion of medication cart audit per policy and direction of supervisor.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living.
- Answer resident calls for assistance.
- Assists residents to and from the dining room and activities.
- Assists and monitors residents during dining.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Certified as a Nursing assistant preferred.
- Certified Medication aide preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in assisted living community preferred.
- Computer knowledge
- Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine), office equipment (photocopier, telephone) and household appliances (vacuum cleaner, carpet shampoo machine)
- CNA preferred