Medical Staff Coordinator Lead - Quality Assurance
CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now Medical Staff Coordinator Lead - Quality Assurance Job in Shreveport
The Lead Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and oversight of the Medical Staff Services Departments of Christus Shreveport-Bossier Hospital, including physician and allied health credentialing and recredentialing (excludes duties performed by the Credentialing Verification Organization of Louisiana), meeting management, flow of information from the medical staff committees through the Medical Executive Committees and the Governing Board.The Lead MS Coordinator also assists with Regulatory Survey preparation for the medical staff/leadership function, including staff and medical staff education regarding accreditation standards. This position is critical in maintaining confidential departmental and physician files, coordinating and supporting meetings and providing up to date regulatory and accreditation standards to the medical staff within the region.
- High school graduate with business/technical school certification or equivalent experience with education and training in computer technology.Medical Staff Services or credentialing background/experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in word processing, with experience in transcription of minutes of sufficient quality to undergo regulatory and legal scrutiny.
- CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) and/or CPMSM (Certified Professional Medical Services Management) is optional.
- At least five years of clerical experience, preferably with credentialing, malpractice, staffing procedures and regulatory compliance. Proficient in MS Office applications, Credentialing Software Databases and other department specific programs.
- Musthaveexcellentwritten,communication,timemanagementandorganizationalskills.Able to interact with physicians, physician’s staff and other hospital staff.