Apply Now Medical Staff Assistant/ Full Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to the Director of Medical Staff Services and Medical Staff Office supporting department operations and addressing complex and confidential related issues within the department. Follows up on all information requests, correspondence and inquiries. Appropriately evaluates, directs, and processes incoming mail and calls.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient verbal and writing skills; can type 30--40 words per minute
- Strong reading, writing, editing, and composing skills
- Able to take meeting minutes
- Excellent computer skills with ability to learn credentialing, scheduling and other software programs
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality of medical staff information
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to establish/maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Functions effectively in a fast-paced environment.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year work history. Healthcare experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Reports to: Medical Staff Office Director.
ENVIRONMENT: General office environment with occasional offsite meetings. Working hours are varied, and are frequently longer than an 8-hour shift. Flexibility in starting and ending times is required due to meetings, unexpected changes in schedule and urgent work deadlines. Work can sometimes be stressful. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit in office 50-75% of work day and move about the hospital for 15-25%. Frequent typing, computer and writing activities; requires ability to see and hear with or without assistance, some standing, bending, squatting, lifting and carrying involved.