Medical Office Charge Capture Specialist Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
1672 Hospital Dr
Santa Fe, NM 87505
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Medical Office Charge Capture Specialist Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
Responsible for accurate and timely processing of clinic work queues, including charge review, claim edit and follow up. Responsible for communicating issues and trends among front office staff, providers, clinic management and revenue cycle. Assisting in all clinic workflows leading to submission of clean claims and reduction of registration, authorization and injectable related claim denials. Collects and accounts for cash, co-pays and conducts complete cashiering function for the practice.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be knowledgeable in all physician practice front office operations, including registration, telephone management and reporting.
* Extensive registration knowledge is required including detailed knowledge of resolving missing or invalid registration/demographic details. * Excellent computer skilled including data entry
* Requires critical thinking skills and excellent customer relation skills including the ability to deal effectively with demanding/difficult situations involving patients, associates and providers.
* Must be capable of thinking and acting independently using excellent judgment to resolve issues or problems of any unusual nature * Knowledge of medical terminology, operating procedures and collection processes
* Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct problems is essential
* Demonstrate professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills needed to effectively and courteously deal with patient, physicians, families, insurance companies, and all levels of clinical associates
* Must have familiarity of CPT, ICD-10, medical insurance terminology and medical information
* Must have the ability to work in stressful situations and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, remaining calm and in control of any situation that may arise * Have an excellent understanding of Practice management software and excellent customer service skills are required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years experience in medical front office operations, registration and EMR usage. Epic and payer portal experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION: -Responsible to: Clinic Manager Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic
ENVIRONMENT: - Bloodborne pathogen A Works in clean, well lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Subject to stressful professional relationships. Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies.