Medical Laboratory Technician - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Performs clinical testing in assigned section/s such as general laboratory, Blood Bank and Microbiology sections, with all duties necessary for accurate and timely results including quality control, performance improvement, proficiency testing, and preventative maintenance of equipment. Recognizes abnormal critical values and follows proper guidelines for notifying medical team members of results. Performs clerical, general, and phlebotomy duties related to daily operations in the laboratory. Provides/dispenses blood products as requested by medical staff.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Associates Degree or higher in clinical laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489
- No experience required for graduates of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS. OR
- Six Months of approved clinical laboratory experience, which must include a clinical rotation through the following sections of the laboratory: Blood Banking, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Hematology, Immunology, and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S. or with an accredited laboratory within the last 5 years. (This meets the AMT MLT eligibility requirement)
- Must possess Certification for MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
- Louisiana requires State Licensure
- New Graduate that is Board Certified or eligible (must complete Board Certification in 1 year of hire, Louisiana excluded)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.