Medical Laboratory Technician - Laboratory
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Medical Laboratory Technician - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Performs clinical laboratory tests of moderate and high complexity to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Makes judgments on test results based on knowledge of principles and expected outcome.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate from an accredited Medial Lab Tech program. MLT (ASCP), CLT (NCA), or eligible.
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Knowledge of laboratory science, testing, instrument operation, familiarity with computers and laboratory information systems.
- Knowledge of critical values, quality control principles and procedures, troubleshooting and ability to communicate with medical staff and associates for patients of all ages.
- Will accept new graduate.
- MLT (ASCP), CLT (NCA), or eligible.