Medical Lab Tech Billing Specialist - $10K SIGN ON
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
Share This Job On
Medical Lab Tech Billing Specialist - $10K SIGN ON Job in Tyler
Under the general direction of the Senior Laboratory Resource Coordinator and/or Laboratory Director, the Regional Laboratory Billing Specialist is responsible for monitoring Laboratory billing processes and makes corrections as needed. Manages the timely and accurate posting of Laboratory charge data for both patient and client–billed accounts. Identifies, corrects, and maintains appropriate billing data within the Laboratory information system. Resolves insurance claim errors and regulatory edits related to Laboratory billing. Handles customer billing inquires.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Computer literacy required, specifically in Microsoft Office.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and billing procedures.
- Completion of Medical Terminology and anatomy/physiology courses, medical coding/billing certification, or related experience is required in order to classify procedure codes.
- Minimum four years extensive CPT and ICD9/10 CM coding experience required.
- Medical billing and reimbursement experience in regards to laboratory procedures highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of applying third party and government payor regulations required.
- Experience providing education and trend analysis related to laboratory reimbursement preferred.
- MLT(ASCP), MT(ASCP), CLS(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) preferred
- RHIT or RHIA preferred