Medical Collections Specialist Senior (Sign-On Incentive Available)
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Houston Office and TLRA Revenue Cycle
Share This Job On
Apply Now Medical Collections Specialist Senior (Sign-On Incentive Available) Job in Houston
Provides medical collection services for TLRA collection units. Utilizes a strong background as a medical collection specialist to successfully resolve accounts placed with TLRA for collection. This involves performing collection activities related to follow-up and account resolution, and includes communication to patients, clients, reimbursement vendors, and other external entities while adhering to all client, state and federal guidelines. Patient and client satisfaction is essential. Associates in the collection unites are expected to knave knowledge of the overall collection work processes for the both active AR and BD inventory.
- Provides effective collection services, ensuring the successful recovery of accounts in accordance with client and state guidelines as well as TLRA’s business objectives
- Documents and updates patient account information in TLRA’s collection software system timely and accurately to include appropriate account status.
- Handles inbound patient and/or carrier calls promptly and professionally, providing assistance and resolution to account inquiries, issues and request.
- Uses collection tools effectively to ensure quality recovery services and meet or exceed established goals and work standards.
- Performs research and analysis of account issues and strives to resolve problems timely and accurately.
- Ensure daily productivity standards are met.
- Promotes positive patient relations by communicating in a manner that demonstrates respect for the human dignity of patients and/or their families.
- Performs other special projects as required when assigned.
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Customer Service call enter environment with a focus on healthcare billing/collections or collection agency environment or 3 years’ experience working in a client service or marketing capacity, preferably in a healthcare or collection agency environment.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required. Solid knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel are essential.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.