Medical Asst II
CHRISTUS Physician Group/Ambulatory
CPG Ob and Gyn Asso-47628
1311 General Cavazos Blvd.
Kingsville, TX 78363
Share This Job On
Apply Now Medical Asst II Job in Kingsville
Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
- Performs selected clinical and administrative duties.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments. Utilizes knowledge of sterile technique and infection control procedures requires to clean and disinfect rooms and equipment, sterilizes instruments as needed.
- Prepares and maintains inventory supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assists provider in preparing for minor surgeries or physicals.
- Assists with scheduling of tests, treatments and referrals.
- Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or provider or referral specialist as indicated.
- May order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Maintains patient files, record and other information in a professional manner following policy and procedures regarding documentation.
- Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required
High school graduation or GED.
Previous private office experience preferred.
Current CPR certification.
Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is desirable.