8AM - 5PM
Medical Assistant Non-Certified - Infectious Disease
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Medical Assistant Non-Certified - Infectious Disease Job in Tyler
- Performs selected clinical and administrative duties.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments. Utilizes knowledge of sterile technique and infection control procedures requires to clean and disinfect rooms and equipment, sterilizes instruments as needed.
- Prepares and maintains inventory supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assists provider in preparing for minor surgeries or physicals.
- Assists with scheduling of tests, treatments and referrals.
- Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or provider or referral specialist as indicated.
- Maintains patient files, record and other information in a professional manner following policy and procedures regarding documentation.
- High school graduate or GED
- Previous experience in a medical practice office is preferred
- Completed formal training from an accredited medical assistant program.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is required
- Current CPR certification