(Medical Assistant, EMT) Patient Care Assistant Medical Group/Part-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now (Medical Assistant, EMT) Patient Care Assistant Medical Group/Part-Time Job in Santa Fe
EDUCATION: High School Graduation or GED required. Successful completion of a nursing assistant, EMT, or medical assistant program of study. Two (2) years of employment at a licensed medical facility in the role of a Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant may be applied in lieu of program of study
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BLS issued through American Heart Association required. Will be expected to obtain certification as a medical assistant within one (1) year of hire.
- Outstanding Service Excellence skills to guarantee quality patient care and patient satisfaction
- Knowledge and skills to obtain vital signs and PHI
- Strong organizational skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; ability to work independently
- Asserts initiative on performance improvement opportunities
- Ability to navigate through computer software by use of a mouse, keyboard or stylus and windows based software.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one year medical experience that includes direct patient contact, preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinic Manager
ENVIRONMENT: Requires knowledge of general safety standards to limit exposure to infectious disease. Daily contact with infectious diseases and body fluids.
- Bloodborne pathogens: C
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 35 lbs, reaching above head and below knee level. Utilization of proper body mechanics. Long periods of sitting at times. Keyboard usage with sound ergonomic principles. Must be flexible in work schedule.