Med - Surg specialty Educator
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Education Building
800 South Beckham
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Med - Surg specialty Educator Job in Tyler
This position is for the Med-Surg specialty.
- Plan and develop clinical competencies, utilizing reliable and valid methods to validate competency and learning.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate education to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate mandatory and department specific education.
- Monitor resource consumption and redesign educational processes to maximize resource utilization.
- Evaluate process, outcome and impact of educational activities and revises as necessary
- Evaluate clinical practice outcomes and safety issues for staff and patient population
- Lead or facilitate special projects to enhance professional nursing practice
- Maintain and use knowledge of best practice in education/staff development and change as well as in area of specialty.
- Serve as a consultant to clinical leaders to facilitate problem solving related to staff education.
- Actively participate in decision making, creating change and developing knowledge in the nursing department and professional levels.
- Actively monitor/review quality data to ensure standards of care are met related to the med-surg patient.
- Role models competent practice
- Identifies learning needs
- Engages the Med-Surg nurse in developing educational courses
- Identifies the correct resource for problem solving
- TX RN
- 5 years Education experience