Apply Now Marketing Specialist II - Marketing Job in Corpus Christi
The Marketing Specialist II is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Communications activities in the CHRISTUS Spohn Health System, which includes the acute care hospital, outpatient centers and many other programs and facilities.
Under the direction of the CHRISTUS Spohn Marketing/Communications Director, the Specialist will support and assist with marketing and communication activities in the ministry for both new and existing services to achieve strategic growth and improve the health and wellbeing of those we serve. This position works on a variety of marketing and communication activities relative to promote, enhance and protect brand reputation and enable the organization to become the partner of choice.
The Specialist will work to fulfill expectations related to marketing, advertising, branding/signage, communications and PR tactics, including executive communications support, special events, sourcing and identifying impactful content, internal communications, internal signage and some types of physician marketing and communications support.
The Specialist is in a position to interface daily with various publics and constituents, including senior leadership at the system and market levels, community and political leaders and Associates. The Specialist will be privy to and responsible for protecting the integrity of confidential corporate information, including strategic plans, financial information, risk management situations and patient information.
- Work with CHRISTUS Spohn Health System, Marketing/Communications Director to support and implement effective Marketing/Communication plans that achieve ministry goals, including increasing or maintaining the value of the brand, increasing patient volume, growing appropriate service lines and improving the health and wellbeing of those we serve.
- Provide executive communications support, including but not limited to memo, letter and email writing; PowerPoint presentation creation; talking point and speech creation and refinement. This could also include video direction support for use in executive presentations or assisting in video recording of executives for key message needs.
- Coordinate and support special events (such as volume-building women’s events, ground breakings, health fairs, etc.), internal communications, publications, crisis communications, digital and internal signage. This includes crafting and distributing internal ministry communications, writing and directing internal or local publications, supporting crisis communications activities, and overseeing local internal signage.
- Support media/public relations and branding by identifying, sourcing and collecting valuable content for a variety of media, including social media, pitching to traditional media and other internal and external modes of communication that require fresh, impactful content weekly, if not daily. Conduct internal interviews and write summaries, captions or descriptions to capture this content as necessary.
- Become familiar with local stakeholders and develop positive relationships with them, including physicians, ministry leaders and key experts who may need to speak to the media on behalf of CHRISTUS Spohn Health System. Collaborate across departments to achieve ministry goals and department KPIs.
- Adhere to CHRISTUS Health’s brand standards, which direct things like image choice, messaging and tone, and font and icon selection, to create a consistent CHRISTUS brand in the market and across the system.
- Represent CHRISTUS Spohn Marketing/Communications on various internal committees and task forces, as requested.
- Fulfill other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business or related field or an equivalent of education plus experience required.
- Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to confidentiality.
- Experience collaborating successfully, including excellence in customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills including creative approaches to internal and external marketing and communication platforms. Must possess a professional demeanor.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and other various programs.
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including some weekends and evenings.
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask, set priorities, create schedules and meet deadlines. Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure, and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- One to three years of experience in marketing, corporate communications and public/media relations.
- Health care experience highly preferred. Experience at an advertising or public relations agency may be helpful.